This morning at #ComNet17, about 20 social sector leaders gathered at my breakfast session to talk about partnerships between academic researchers and philanthropy/social good organizations. We concluded that it was the first time that this group of leaders — comms professionals who are primarily interested in more effectively translating and disseminating research to help drive social change — had gathered in the same room. Now we need to figure out how to keep the conversation going!
In that spirit, I have gathered a list of resources shared during our discussion. Please contact me with additional resources to add to this list and I will keep it updated.
- The Conversation – a news site for academic researchers to write articles about their findings
- Greater Good – online magazine for translation of positive psychology findings
- Scholars Strategy Network – organizing scholars and connecting them to policy makers
- IssueLab by Foundation Center – “Free research from social sector organizations around the world”
- See also Foundation Center’s new campaign, Open for Good, encouraging foundations to openly share their knowledge